Friday, December 14, 2012

Stegosaurus Herd....

I haven't updated things in a while here, mostly because my hobby time has been spent with the actual hobby activities, and not really documenting them much.  I'll endeavor to add some new content here soon.

In the mean time, here's a shot of my collection thus far of the Pyro Stegosaurus kit.  This is all exactly the same kit, from the same steel mold, in various editions from the first by Pyro (the orange one in the foreground on the left) to the most recent release by Lindberg (the green, realistic-looking one in the foreground on the right).  This is by no means a complete collection of editions of the kit.  There are at least 3 editions not represented at all.


The grey one in the center is actually my first-ever model dinosaur, surviving from my childhood.  It is the Life Like edition of the kit, purchased for me at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh, PA, sometime in the middle of the 1970s.  It is cast in purple, but painted in grey house paint & Pactra 'Namel paints.  The cave-man for that one was lost long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment